Wednesday, December 2, 2015

I'm in love

Monday- 

I finally had Kate again. She grew! (But not very much. *wink*) She arrived close to 6:00 am as usual and I was sleepy after not sleeping well at all. But I was very excited to have her all to myself for a few hours before everyone else who was excited to see her got up. 

She and I went to the living room for me to have my Bible time while she hopefully played on the floor quietly. She preferred to try grabbing the Christmas decorations and crying for me to hold her. 


The few minutes she was happy with the blocks.



The others started coming downstairs once the sun was up and Kate thoroughly enjoyed the attention from her fan club. 

Ava was happy to take charge of Kate while I exercised quick and took a shower. She is a great helper! 

I'd had 4 hours of sleep,

but she preferred eating to taking much of either of her naps 

so I could...do my school and daydream about sleep... 

How can I not love her?



Yeah, I caught the yawn, little girl. 


Monday was Mom and Dad's 19th wedding anniversary so us kids demanded strongly suggested made it possible for them to go on a date. 


Tuesday-

We are still sleeping in more than usual. Getting up when it is so cold outside (not to mention dark) is less than appealing. The schedule in general, has been more relaxed, though school is being accomplished. 

Chloe asked me if we could do something in the afternoon. So we went to Chick-fil-a for lunch and then to Starbucks to do school. On the way we got gas. I finally figured out how the gas pump handle holder thingy works! 

I have a new name.
I even spelled it for her after telling her my name...


We had small group at our house that night. The report was it was very lively and really good. I missed it for a babysitting job I could not pass up. 

She was only ten days old!


Best CLEP test studying buddy EVER!


I'm in love. 


I had her for four hours, and I didn't put her down at all. It was my own personal heaven. 


Wednesday-

Was the most quiet day so far. We were all mostly home. Chloe worked some midday (as well as on Monday) and Mom had an appointment and Dad and Christian went to get haircuts quick. 


I've been Pondering


This week and every week, as I live my life, I want to rest in God's love, trust in His sovereignty, and be filled with His Spirit so that that Spirit might pour out of me onto everyone I come in contact with.


Today I am amazed by the timing of God. 


I love the quote that says, "God is always doing 10,000 things in your life and you may be aware of 3 of them." 


He is always at work in each of our lives whether we realize it or not. The times we get to look back and see His hand moving are gifts indeed. Be attentive and consider His movement as you live your days. What has He done for you today that you can praise Him for?



That Moment When...

You walk straight into the Christmas tree. 


The Herd: Quoted 


"I finally took my Thanksgiving afternoon nap today." -Dad several days after the holiday. 

"No shoes?!" -Chloe getting in the car with me when I picked her up from work. 
"Of course not!" -Me indicating that I would not wear shoes. 

"I wasn't listening because I could tell you were talking about something fun and I didn't want to know what I was missing out on." -Mia 

"I just want you to know that Nana and Grandfather offered *pauses dramatically* me candy...and I said yes." -Mia at the dinner table. 

"She knows who composed Swan Lake but not the difference between a paper bag and a plastic bag." -Mom talking about Mia. 
"Well, she is my sister and my mini-me." -Me  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did we give you joy? Or point you to the Lord? Have we inspired you in someway, or maybe simply brought a smile to your face? Feel free to share your thoughts with us so we can continue our mission to encourage!