Thursday, November 3, 2016

Early Wakeup Call, My New Name, "Priceless", and Bad Siri

Days in the Life...

Monday was another normal start to the week!

When everyone is home in the morning (aka when I am not out early to nanny) we all try to eat breakfast together and before everyone seriously starts on their day, we make sure everyone knows what everyone else has to do that day and then pray over it and any other current prayer requests.

Of course, half of us are early-risers, and so by the time we are eating Ava and Mia have already done about half of their schoolwork and Mom and I have had a productive hour to ourselves. (Usually.)

I did some cleaning and laundry and exercised and such and in the afternoon ran errands for Dad and went to get my car's brake light fixed. This one place I go to in Justin always gives me special treatment. This time they didn't even charge me! (It only took them five minutes to switch out the 99 cent lightbulb, but still!)

I babysat for small group that night.

Blaire loves her fingers.

The "craft" ended up getting eaten rather than put together. 
(Marshmallows and fruit loops.)

Tuesday was pretty quiet. After lunch all of us kids danced for a bit and tried to figure out some new moves for swing dancing. I found a "simple" one and it took Chloe and me 20 minutes to finally sort of get it. We had fun though! One time, just ONE time, we tried a dip, but I ended up on the ground after .3 seconds. 

I took Christian to his drive time for driver's ed and then dropped Gabe off for gym. For some reason most of the others weren't home that night, so while Dad was in and out doing stuff, he and I watched "Fixer Upper" and bemoaned the fact that the very last season is currently being filmed. 

Wednesday I had another good day with Kate and Blaire. They were both FULL of smiles and giggles all day long, which was super adorable. 

Sweet sisters. 

Sleepy baby. 

I have been teaching Kate to say "Hey y'all," "Bye y'all," "Love y'all," and "Love ya sister," all of which she says with the cutest Texan accent. She also likes to walk around saying "Kate 'dor'ble," "Kate bee'ful," "Kate p'ecious." 

I got home just in time for our engagement group to arrive. One of the families had just moved so that night Chloe, Christy, and I kept all the little kids at our house after dinner, while the older kids and adults went to go help unpack and clean and do whatever else needed being done at the new house. 

More time with a baby!

Thursday Chloe and I left mid-morning to go apply for jobs at Hobby Lobby. Christy works at the one where we placed applications so she was able to get off for lunch and go to visit at Starbucks with us for a few minutes. We had so much fun talking and laughing. One point of laughter was how violently my hair was blowing in the wind, so that it looked like a big flag (and kept getting in my mouth). Another was the spelling of my name on my drink of choice, a pumpkin spice latte. 

You've got to appreciate the effort and creativity...

Back at home Chloe and had class work and such and I had my own things to work on. 

Directly after dinner, Chloe, Christian, and I all headed out to meet Christy and Joe to see the new movie "Priceless" by For King and Country. 



It definitely deserves it's PG13 rating, but mostly just because of the topic. It is very well done and I would absolutely recommend it. 

Of course we visited in the parking lot afterwards for a little while and tried to take some decent pictures. 

The one good one. 
(All others were photo bombed by the boys. *wink*)

Friday Kate and Blaire came to our house for the day. I was hoping they would arrive and go back to bed so that I could get more sleep and so that maybe no one else would have to also be awakened at 6:15 in the morning. However, both girls arrived and began wailing, so everyone went ahead and started the day a little earlier than usual. 

Everyone was very excited to get to see the girls and give them lots of snuggles. 

Mom and the littles went to a pumpkin patch for the morning and had a lovely time. The weather here is still hitting the 70s and 80s easily, so it doesn't feel like fall yet, but being outside is nice. 

While Blaire slept... 

The girls had a pretty good day, aside from the fact that naps didn't go quite so well as at home. But Kate thoroughly enjoyed all the attention she received and everyone cuddled Blaire at least once if not twice during the day. 

When it was time for them to leave we had to collect their mountain of stuff from literally almost every single room in the house. Babies come with a ton of baggage, y'all!! But they are totally worth it, of course. *smile*

As soon as the girls left I had to race out the door myself to get to a Bible study. 

Long story short. If Siri tells you she can save you 16 minutes by taking you on highways you've never been on that are red-zone traffic and completely torn up with construction, don't believe her. 

It took me two hours to get to my friend's house by the time I got rerouted into all of that and made half a dozen wrong turns. 

The plus side was the sunset was gorgeous!! And I had nice music to listen to. And I didn't end up being too terribly late. Needless to say, though, I was very glad when I did finally arrive. 

The Bible study was very encouraging and I enjoyed getting to meet some new college kids. 

Because I'd had a long day, I just stayed the night with my friend and didn't worry about driving home after 10:00 pm. 

Saturday morning I woke up at my friend's house and got to visit with her and her family for a bit before heading back home. 

At home Dad and the other kids were in the process of deep clearing and cleaning our garage and Mom was doing the grocery shopping. 

I had to leave for church a little earlier so I unpacked my bag, caught up on stuff, and prepared for church. 

Christian and Ava went with me early. We arrived and almost nobody was there for House of Prayer. Normally we have sort of a plan for who is leading and such by Friday night, but for whatever reason that didn't happen this time. 

The one lady that was there to play piano and sing had lost her voice so I was asked to sing. So, that was waaaaaay out of my comfort zone. It went alright, though, and the hour was still a blessing to those there to be a part of it. 

Church was good as well. 

Afterwards we visited and held babies for a bit and then Chloe, Christian, Micah, Christy, Joe, myself, and several others went to go dance for a bit. Some people knew what to do, but others didn't so we taught people stuff and then enjoyed all dancing together. 

After a while, those of us that were left, went to get ice cream and visit a little more before finally saying goodnight. 

Sunday Dad and I visited for a while and then worked on brunch together. 

In the afternoon Chloe and Christian asked if I wanted to go with them to a park for a bit and then shop at Old Navy. 

Christian played some disc golf, while Chloe and I talked and read on a bench. 

Then we got to do some much needed shopping and in general just enjoy the outing together. 

That night we all watched an episode of "The Waltons" and headed to bed at a reasonable time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did we give you joy? Or point you to the Lord? Have we inspired you in someway, or maybe simply brought a smile to your face? Feel free to share your thoughts with us so we can continue our mission to encourage!